To apply for funding through the Teton County Scholarship Program, please follow the process outlined below.
Both the General Application and Supplemental Materials for Individual Scholarships are due Wednesday, February 19th, 2020 by 5:00 pm.
Please give yourself plenty of time to complete the process. If you have any questions, stop by your school’s counseling office or email your school counselor.
1. Select the scholarships that best fit you. Review the Teton County Scholarship Packet in ENGLISH or SPANISH, or pick up a printed copy from your school’s counseling office. There is no limit to the number of awards for which students may apply, however, we recommend that you focus on scholarships with criteria that best fit you, your need, your experience, and your aspirations.
2. Gather your materials. Start by reviewing a blank copy the General Application and the additional criteria for each scholarship (all found in the packet). Make sure you have all the required information before you begin the application process. At minimum, you will need:
- Transcript. All scholarships require a copy of your transcript to be uploaded with your General Application. If you are a JHHS student, you will be emailed a copy of your transcript after semester 1 grades are posted.
- References. References and letters of recommendation should come from people who know you well, including teachers, coaches, or employers. Be sure to give them plenty of notice, so that they have time to complete the letter ahead of the scholarship deadline. As with supplemental materials, references will receive a link for uploading letters once you have submitted your General Application.
- Resume. Your resume should be and clear and concise record of your experience. Include employment history, volunteer experiences, awards you have received, and leadership positions that you have held.
- Test Scores. You will need your ACT and SAT test scores. If you have taken either test more than once, you will be asked to provide your highest scores.
- Parent/Guardian Permission. Your parent or guardian will need to sign your form and provide their contact information.
- Supplemental Materials. Many scholarships will require additional essays or other supplemental materials. This information is clearly noted in the scholarship packet. After you have submitted your General Application, you will receive an emailed link to upload the supplemental materials required for each scholarship you have chosen.
3. Submit Your Application: To begin the General Application, visit FundForPublicEducation.org/Apply-Now and click on APPLY NOW. You will be asked to create a Submittable account, which is quick, easy, and free. If you already have a Submittable account, please login. Once in Submittable, you will be asked to fill out the General Application and click SUBMIT. The system will send you an email acknowledging the receipt of your General Application. You will then receive additional emails a day or two later with links for uploading any supplemental materials that are required.