The Teton County Scholarship Program application period is:
12pm (MST) on November 16th, 2020 through 5pm (MST) on February 12th, 2021
How to Apply:
Please read through the instructions carefully. All of the links and forms you need can be found at the bottom of this page.
1. Familiarize yourself with the available scholarships. Each year the TCSP publishes a booklet listing all the available scholarships, their requirements, and the award amounts. These are available in English and Spanish from your guidance counselor, or by clicking the buttons below.
2. Gather your materials. Before you apply, you’ll need an electronic copy of your most recent transcript, your ACT and/or SAT scores, a copy of your FAFSA SAR or TCSP Financial Need Statement, a list of the schools you’d like to attend and their estimated costs, and a list of any jobs, activities, sports, or volunteer opportunities with which you’ve been involved.
3. Complete your General Application. Click the button below to begin the TCSP General Application via the Kaleidoscope platform. The General Application records basic information about your academic career and is used to determine eligibility for specific scholarships. Be sure to save your work as you go. You can go back and make edits anytime until you hit the final submit button. Once submitted, you’ll need to contact the Kaleidoscope helpline to make additional changes.
4. Choose specific scholarships. Once you’ve completed the General Application, Kaleidoscope will show you the specific scholarships for which you are eligible. You’re welcome to apply for as many as you’d like, but we recommend that you focus on those which most closely match your goals and accomplishments.
5. Submit specific applications. You will need to submit a brief additional application to each scholarship for which you’d like to considered. Many scholarships share the same essay questions, so you should prepare your answers and then cut and paste them into each form where appropriate. All essays have a 500-word maximum.
6. Request Letters of Recommendation. Some scholarships require teachers or community members to submit a recommendation on your behalf. Kaleidoscope will provide a place for you to request these by entering the recommender’s email address. You only need to request the recommendations once and they will be applied to all scholarships. Be sure to give the recommenders plenty of time to write and submit their letters.
7. Be sure to have everything submitted by 5:00pm (MST) on Friday, February 12, 2021. This is an exact deadline and cannot be extended. Awards will be announced in late April. Scholarship winners will then be asked to submit additional information including proof of enrollment for their college or vocational program. Awards will be disbursed starting in July 2021.
FORMS and LINKS
- Tips for Students and Families
- Consejos para estudiantes y familias
- Tips for teachers, administrators, and guidance counselors
Info you’ll need while completing your application:
- TCSP Scholarship Booklet in English
- TCSP Scholarship Booklet in Spanish
- FAFSA Application
- TCSP Financial Need Form in English
- TCSP Declaración de necesidad económica para estudiantes
Watch this quick video to learn how the application works: