Your smile is one of the first things people notice about you. For kids with serious orthodontic issues, a poor smile can lead to low self-esteem, behavioral issues, and lack of academic success. Straighten Up changes that by providing free orthodontic care to students who have a demonstrated need and no other means of receiving treatment.
To qualify, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be age 11-18 and currently enrolled in TCSD#1
- Have a record of good oral hygiene, including documentation of regular dentist visits and cleanings
- Provide a Dental Referral form from a licensed dentist
- Provide proof of annual income that is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level
- Agree to attend all scheduled appointments, follow the orthodontist’s instructions for care of teeth and braces, and complete all required follow-up care
Many thanks to our community partners who make this program possible and to all the many donors who change lives everyday, just by offering a child a chance at a new smile.